Hello Word Press and hello Blogosphere! I’m thrilled that I’m finally here and focusing on what I really love about blogging—talking books and the reading life! Today, Bookish and Awesome is live.
Some of you know my origin story: I was Whims and Ramblings from Tumblr. But I want to introduce myself the old school way. And by that I mean literally. The classroom set up. Ha!
(Because, you know, I’m awkward like that.)
Here are 13 Reasons Why, er, Little Things to Know About Me:
1. Once upon a time, I
didn’t like young adult fiction thought I didn’t like young adult fiction. (I know, I know.)
2. I have a self-diagnosed OCPD. (Yeah, OCD is another candy.)
3. I am not a rereader.
4. I call my phone Scout and my instant camera Alexandre. (One of my best friends thinks it’s pointless.)
5. Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters was what led me to dive into the PJO/HOO books. I’m forever grateful.
6. When I was, I think maybe seven or eight, I got bitten by a dog in the left forearm.
7. I have a love-hate relationship with A Song of Ice and Fire.
8. I fell completely, irrevocably in love with Ruby Sparks. I repeatedly watched a certain scene several times a day, everyday, for one whole week. And did I mention, too, that I cannot shut up about it?
9. I’m a sucker for cream.
10. Also, ketchup. It’s my Magic Instant Food Enhancer.*
11. I write daily fake tattoos (a quirk I got from E. Lockhart’s We Were Liars).
12. In college, I was the only guy in class who admittedly loves Taylor Swift.
13. I wanted to like The Catcher in the Rye more than I actually did.
There. I hope we could build a talky, chaotic—in the most positive way—community here. And let’s discuss books! Lots of books.
*I would use a Loki-gorging-on-ketchup gif if I could find one, but, alas, the internet is not a wish-granting factory.
Now it’s your turn. I want to meet you. Hit that comment box below!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin